Monday, September 3, 2012


Guest Post 

Overwhelmed with Love.




 
 I love the feeling of being overwhelmed with love – especially for Sam.  [I'm sure you guessed he's the guy in these pictures with me] I can't think for a second what my life would be like without him. I love that I fit so perfectly in his hugs and that he knows the person I am so well. As I go through these emotions, sometimes, well most times, to tears, I realize that this passion, this feeling of overwhelming love is how Jesus feels for us… times infinity. And it’s what He deserves in return. My cousin and his wife are amazing followers of Christ and one day last summer over coffee, I showed them the picture of the painting of Jesus that that eight-year-old girl did (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wut32Cguw…check this out if you haven’t.) His wife, nearly in tears, looked at the photo and kissed it and said, I love you! I love you! I love you! Thank you!!! Our conversation continued and I have not put a lot of that into that moment until today. I realized that her outburst of love towards Jesus is something someone who is overwhelmed with love for her Savior would do. 
            I am reminded of Christ’s overwhelming love for us, so much that we have done nothing to deserve it, yet, He willingly supplies an endless amount, saved our souls, and promised to never give up or leave us.
            Maybe it is the girl in her twenties thing to be obsessed with love…but you know what I think? I think God is obsessed with love. The words love or loved are in the bible 408 times. (I counted…not. I googled it) Then, in Matthew 22: 36-40, Jesus tells us that the greatest commandment is to LOVE your God with all your heart and soul and mind, and to secondly, LOVE your neighbor.
            The Lord is coocoo for love and I am so thankful He is! I consider myself someone who loves to love…but who wouldn’t? My issue falls to this: with all the amazing things that God does for me, for the immensely blessed life I live, why do I find it so hard to love the Lord with my whole heart, soul and mind? With His track record, it would seem to be the easiet thing in the world…yet, I seem to always fall short…thankfully, God loved us SO much that he even warned us of that too…{Romans 3:23} So all we can do is love and love and love and eventually, it will be easier and easier to hold true to Matthew 22:36-40.
            God’s love is so large, magnificent, brilliant, outstanding, that we can’t even imagine it, so I believe the Lord gave us partners, family, friends and most of all, those we consider "not-friends", to demonstrate our God-given ability to love and love as closely as Jesus did.
            How lucky are we to have the ability to be filled with such an amazing emotion while still on earth!! Our God is one loving Dad of the universe. 


- Laurel Welborn


P.S. Thank you so much Katie for letting me guest post on your adorable blog! One day, a blog of mine will show up. Thank you for being such an amazing friend to me these last few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment