Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Be Still.


After being told to watch this video here, I realized a few things.

I think in today's society Christianity has become more about an image than an intimate relationship with God (bear with me as I am going to hypocritically publicize my faith).

People, myself included, become so caught up with the image of what that perfect christian looks like and can lose sight of what is most important, God's love for us and what he did for us on the cross. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer of sharing one's faith, discipling, and proclaiming the word of God, and I think we absolutely should be doing so as long as it is done in love for God and his love for us rather than a publicity stunt to maintain our image.

Following Jesus isn't about that awesome church you belong to, that really cute cross tattoo you have, or that pretty new bible you got. It is about embracing the love that your father has for you and living to resemble that love to all of God's children. I for one am guilty of all of the above and sometimes it takes a sermon like this for me to step back, be still, remember that God has this under control, and remind myself why I have all of these things. I have them because Jesus loves me, not just because I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment